Friday, January 3, 2014

The best of 2013

Untitled

In January, we had our customary 13-course dinner, and among those courses was this gem: cauliflower feta fritters. And Titus was obsessed with making muffins. (Not so obsessed with eating them, though.)

bbq-130217-6

In February, we got our Weber Smokey Mountain and immediately started playing with it. And plenty of chocolate balls for dessert.

Raw broccoli, feta, avocado

March was the month when we found a new favorite meat sauce for pasta (that upset one reader!), and a great cheesy corn soup. And I started massaging broccoli with citrus, for salads. Yum!


In April, I ate a lot of avocado sandwiches (still doing that!) and baked slutty brownies. 

broadbeans-gruyere

May came, and brought many dinners and parties since both I and Titus had our birthdays. Favorites include a great little salad with broad beans & gruyere, a lemon basil roast chicken, a great potato salad, and an absolutely wonderful raspberry-rhubarb crisp with pistachios.

strawberrypunschsemifreddo

June was pretty much all about salads - a tabbouleh, a green-green salad, a summery melon salad and a dill-cucumber slaw. And then a Strawberrry Punsch semifreddo.

tomato-olive-salad

In July, I made chicken croquettes, a lovely little tomato olive salad and another version of overnight bread.

ottolenghi-granola-homemade

August meant back to work, and I made a super-mean maple honey granola that I keep in my office. Amazing stuff! I also made a very fast breakfast bread for those days when you don't have any bread, and cheesecake brownies.

blueberry-pannacotta

In September, there was cardamom lamb chops, blueberry panna cotta and a lovely quick dinner: caramelized onions and blue cheese on toast.

nudelsoppa med cashewnötter

October and FINALLY I got down to re-designing this site. Google search doesn't seem to work - still - but other than that, I'm really happy with it. I hope you are, too. I also cooked a little - chicken noodle soup and lamb meatballs in coconut sauce, in particular.

salad-candiedpancetta-grape-feta

In November, I went to New York and I *still* haven't told you about that. I will, I promise! I posted about cognac-creamed funnel chanterelles (yum), chocolate fudge shortbread cakelets, and a fab salad with grapefruit, feta and candied parma ham.

Untitled

And then December. Lovely cookies with molasses & white chocolate, a pasta with brussel sprouts, bacon and pecorino, and an awesome gooey saffron cake. Good, good stuff.

It's been a good year, people. I hope you'll stick with me in 2014, and that we'll have another great year!