Friday, April 5, 2013

Food Friday: Doris Keeton's Toast Rolls with Ham and Asparagus

I am always looking for a great book to read. Recently I read about the book The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women who Helped Win World War II by Denise Kiernan. This is the story of the women who worked at Oak Ridge, Tennessee on a then secret project. They later learned that they had been working on the Manhattan Project.

I was interested in this book, besides the interesting topic, because I have a community cookbook written and published by some of the women of Oak Ridge, Tennessee. (To learn more about Oak Ridge and its part in World War II check out the Convention and Visitor's Bureau). You can also check out a previous post I did from this cookbook here.



I love this cookbook, it has everything...  recipes, histories, images, memories, names and family history details. For today's Food Friday I am posting a recipe that's so easy any of us could whip it up as an appetizer but better than the recipe, is the information that accompanies  it.